Mary Kay CC Cream Review1:17:00 PM
Hello Tuesday! I know that some of you might still have a weekend hang over since most of the classes and work were suspended the past few days due to Typhoon Ruby. I just want to say... Thank you Lord for keeping everyone safe and sound!
So back to our topic; you may or may not be familiar with CC Creams, but CC stands for Complexion Corrector or Color Correct, which is very straightforward. Like the name suggests, it's main function is to even out your skin tone.
It has 8 Benefits:
Protects - helps protect skin from sunburn and damage with broad-spectrum SPF 15 sunscreen
Brightens - It is formulated with the key ingredient Niacinamide, which is for skin lightening
Corrects with lightweight coverage - made from mineral-based pigments
Minimizes redness - covers to provide visible relief to skin redness
Conceals - instantly conceals the appearance of blemishes and marks from past breakouts
Hydrates - instantly amplifies skin luminosity
Reduces visible signs of aging - contains Vitamin E and Silymarin Extract
Defends - contains powerful antioxidants to help defend against skin-damaging free radicals
I am happy to report that this come with a pump. I find it very easy to control when pumping out product. One pump is all it takes for my entire face and neck. However, I only apply this on my T-Zone and Under eye area so I just half a pump on most days.
I also would like to point out that the expiry date is written at that bottom of the tube. I appreciate makeup products that indicated the expiry date, since it's fairly helpful for their consumers.
What I like about it...
* affordable at Php825 since most CC creams cost more than a thousand pesos
* very convenient packaging that comes with a pump
* has a really smooth and creamy texture, kinda gel-like
* feels very light on my face, something comparable to a water-based moisturizer
* hydrates my face well, does not leave my skin dry at all
* has light coverage, but can cover minor blemishes
* stays a good 5 hours on me before it starts to fade (in an office environment)
* does not settle on fine lines and does not cake
* definitely helps even out my skin tone
* gives my face a natural and healthy glow
* no allergies or irritation experienced
What I don't like...
* it is not fragrance-free, it has a scent similar to a sunscreen, but nothing overwhelming
* very limited shades available
My rating: 4/5
I've been using this CC Cream for the past 3 months and I must say that I really like it. I usually stay away from BB Creams since I've had no luck with them, I've tried 3 brands of BB cream before and all three broke me out. I'm just glad that the Mary Kay CC Cream worked really well for me.
Would I recommend this? Yes, definitely. Especially if you are looking for a base that gives light coverage just enough to achieve that natural and healthy look you prefer.
Until next time.