Product Info from Anastasia Beverly Hills
Waterproof brow color ideal for sculpting, defining, and carving perfectly precise brows that won't fade. Smudge-free, creamy formula glides on skin and adheres to hair. Must-have for oily skin and humid climates. Tighten cap to prevent drying.
Retail Price: $18.00
bought mine from
@cebumakeuponline on Instagram for Php 1,070.00
So far, in the many months I've used this (7 months as of this writing), it hasn't dried yet. I honestly thought it would be similar to my gel eyeliners that usually starts to dry out in just two months. I felt so relieved that it lasted this long because it will take forever to use up the entire pot.
DipBrow Pomade in Dark Brown Swatch
This is how I apply it. I dip my brow brush into the pomade and swipe it at back of my hand. I first draw the shape I wanted for my brows, then simply fill it in to whatever is left on the brush. That way it won't come out too dark since the pomade is very pigmented. Then I brush it with a spoolie. You can stop here if you want to achieve natural looking brows.
I prefer my brows to be tamed and well defined so, I apply my Mac Brow Set in Beguile to make it look a little lighter and also help my brows stay in place. Then I place a tiny bit of concealer in the brow bone area to clean up any mess and make it look more defined at the same time.
These are the brushes I use for applying the Dipbrow Pomade.
Zoeva Brow Line #322 and the Sigma Small Angle E65
What I like about it...
* Stays all day on me at an office environment. I even tested wearing this at yoga practice, I was amazed that it stayed, except for the tail end of my brows which faded. (I have combination skin)
* It is smudge proof which is perfect for our humid weather.
* Extremely pigmented, so I only need very little to completely shape and fill-in my brows.
* There's so much product in the jar that it will probably take a couple of years to use it all up.
* There's a hint of citrus scent but barely noticeable
* The product in the jar does not dry up fast. Mine's still creamy even after 7 months of use.
What I don't like...
* a bit expensive and not available locally
* takes a bit of practice to perfect the application
* need time to apply, not something I would use when I'm in a hurry
My rating: 3 / 5
I now understand the hype. The product itself is awesome. It's just that, I could not apply this as fast as possible without making any mistakes. That's why I only ever get to use this when I have a lot of time on my hands, otherwise I still pickup my go-to brow pencil and be done in just a couple of minutes. I would recommend the Anastasia Brow Wiz instead, since it is so much easier to use.
Until next time.