Collection Lasting Colour Gel Eyeliner in Black Review5:38:00 PM
Some of you might have heard about "Collection Cosmetics" and I know that some are already fans of the brand here in PH. I was just browsing through Zalora PH last May when I was shopping for things that I needed to bring for our summer team getaway and accidentally saw that they carry a lot of Collection Cosmetics products, and then I saw this...
The pot came with a free, tiny eyeliner brush. You can choose to disregard the brush that came with it. I used the brush for review purposes and it actually wasn't that bad. It did what it was meant to do.
I was happy to see that the gel eyeliner was cased in a glass pot and not made of plastic material. I did not notice any kind of scent when I opened the pot, so that's a good sign.
The Collection Lasting Colour Gel Eyeliner has a creamy and very smooth texture, so it glides like a breeze and super easy to apply. I used the free brush that came with the pot on the photo below and I was surprised to see that the tiny brush actually works.
The label on the box claims to last for up to 12 hours, so I had to do a test. I wore the eyeliner for 9 hours max while I was at work. And I was impressed with the results, it stayed! For your reference, I don't have oily lids, so I can't vouch how long it will last with others. It is totally smudge proof, budge proof and water proof. It did smudge a little bit on my waterline and also left a gunk on the corner of my eye, but that's pretty normal with liners applied on the waterline.
The quality and performance actually reminded me of my Catrice gel eyeliner which I reviewed HERE. The only difference is that, the collection lasting colour gel eyeliner is more pigmented and extremely black.
What I like about it...
* actually lasts the whole day
* does not smudge at all
* waterproof, I even tested it with running water on my hand, it didn't smear at all
* has a creamy and smooth texture, which makes it easy to apply
* the product sets quickly upon application, so you don't need to worry about it transferring on your crease area, you just need to practice using it to avoid mistakes
* it is extremely black
* easy to remove with a makeup remover
* did not experience any itch or irritation on my eye
* can be bought online or at malls
What I don't like...
* I've had it for only about 2 months now, and it is already starting to dry up in the pot
My rating: 4 / 5
If only it didn't start to dry out in just a couple of months, this would have been an HG (holy grail) black gel eyeliner. Oh well, I guess most gel eyeliners are the same. Let me know if you have any other gel eyeliner recommendations that does not dry up quickly.
Until next time.