REVIEW: ELF Studio Cream Eyeliner9:17:00 PM
I bought this product in black shade about 3 days ago and have been using it since then.
What I like about it...
* cute packaging
* it comes with a free angled brush which makes it easier to use
* glides easily
* didn't smudge even though I tried to rub it hard with my fingers
* I also tried putting water on it, still didn't smudge
* dries really fast after application
* it did not flake
* I wore it for more than 8 hours and it still looks perfect. ( I have dry skin / lids, so it works for me. I'm not sure if it lasts longer if you have oily lids. You may need an eye primer prior to application.)
What I don't like...
* I had to use an eye makeup remover to remove it, but I don't really mind.
* I don't know if the product will dry up fast in the pot since I've only had this for a few days. I will definitely keep an eye on this and will give you an update as to how long it lasted.
Update March 16, 2011: It's been four months and my cream eyeliner is still okay, but I noticed that it's starting to dry out... will continue to observe this.
My Rating: 4 / 5
DIRECTIONS from box:
Dip a thin brush into the formula, swirl around gently until brush is saturated with color. Swipe off any excess formula on top edge of the pot. Trace a line along the top lash line from the inner corner towards the outer corner of the eye. If desired, apply on lower lash line as well.
I'm not sure if I will repurchase this, since it will take a while to finish the whole pot. I will probably try the Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel eyeliner in Black since I've read good reviews about it. Don't get me wrong though, I absolutely love this cream eye liner. I just wanted to try other gel liners so that I can compare the products.
If you're annoyed with having racoon eyes because of your typical pencil eyeliner or liquid eyeliner, a smudge proof cream eyeliner is your solution. In addition to that, you don't have to keep re-applying like you always do with your usual eyeliner.
By the way, I heard that this cream eyeliner still smudges on people with oily lids. So if you have really oily lids, I suggest you skip it.
I hope this gave you an idea gurls...